Covenant membership is a commitment to one another—a willing pledge to guard, care, submit, support, and minister together for the building up of our church body.
Steps for Covenant Membership
Step 1 - Membership Class
The Membership Class has a two-fold purpose.
- To provide an informal setting to learn what the pastoral staff, church, and Baptists in general believe on various topics. All are welcome, whether or not they are interested in membership.
- To give an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with a pastor who can help them connect with one or more of the church’s ministries. Attending this class is a requirement for church membership.
Step 2 - Interview with an Elder
If you decide to move toward membership, an elder from your campus will be assigned to meet with you. Goals for this interview are ...
- To learn how the Lord saved you.
- To confirm that you understand the meaning of church membership.
- To confirm that there are no biblically warranted concerns with your joining Living Hope as a covenant member.
- To answer questions or help you find opportunities to connect at Living Hope.
Step 3 - Baptism (if necessary)
If you have not yet been baptized as a believer, baptism is the next step to proceeding toward covenant membership.
Step 4 - Join in Membership
The final step toward membership is to participate in a Covenant Affirmation during our weekend worship services. We welcome new members four times a year, and at these services, each person joining affirms the Church Covenant before the congregation and is officially received into membership at Living Hope.